The Government of Tripura, Directorate of Social Welfare & Social Education released a notification to constitute the Transgender Welfare Board for Rehabilitation and Welfare of Transgender Persons.
In pursuance of the provision made under Rule 10 (1) of The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Rules, 2020 and in order to make a comprehensive guideline for rehabilitation and welfare of the Transgender Persons in the state and to protect their best interest as per ‘The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Acts 2019’, welfare boards are constituted.
- The Tripura Transgender Welfare Board is hereby constituted.
- The Terms of Reference of the Transgender Welfare Board are also provided.
- The Transgender Welfare Board shall meet at least once a year.
|COMPOSITION OF TG WELFARE BOARD|
|The Hon’ble Minister, Social Welfare & Social Education Department||Chairperson|
|Principal Secretaries, Health & Family Welfare||Member|
|Secretary, Urban Development||Member|
|Secretary, Higher & School Education||Member|
|Secretary, R.D Department||Member|
|Secretary, Labor Department||Member|
|Secretary, Law & Parliamentary Affairs||Member|
|Secretary of Social Welfare & Social Education||Member|
|Inspector General of Police, Law & Order||Member|
|Representatives of TG Community||Members|
|Director, Social Welfare & Social Education||Member Secretary|
TERMS OF REFERENCE OF TRIPURA TRANSGENDER WELFARE BOARD
- Ensure convergence of existing schemes across departments for a more targeted and focused approach towards the well-being of the TG community.
- Facilitate awareness programs in association with other departments, Deputy Magistrate & Collector, and Superintendent of Police of each district through mass media and other methods of a publicity campaign.
- In case of any necessity, the State Level Transgender Welfare/Justice Board shall also have the power of discretion.
- The Nominated Members of the TG community of the Transgender Welfare Board will help with the issuance of gender identity certificate to a TG person as per the provision made under the “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Acts, 2019”.
- This certificate can be used to revise all the legal documents, such as Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Adhaar Card, Pan Card, etc. This certificate should be acceptable to all authorities for indicating the TG’s gender in all official documents and to avail access to all eligible schemes and benefits.
- Promoting and protecting the right of transgender persons to participate in cultural and recreational ‘activities.
- Ensuring an effective “Grievance Redressal Mechanism” in all the establishments as per Section 9 of “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Acts, 2019”.
- Ensuring inclusive education and opportunities for sports, recreation, and other activities for transgender persons without any discrimination in all the educational institutions funded or recognized by the State Government.
- Providing vocational training to the unemployed Transgender Persons in order to facilitate and support their livelihood.
- Providing proper health care facilities to the Transgender Persons as per section 15 of The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Acts.
- Any other matter relating to the welfare of Transgender Persons in the state.