In this session we will be looking at what allyship means, the relationship between privilege and power as well as the role of individuals and organizations in being an ally to the Queer community.
- History of Pride month
- What does it mean to be an Ally?
- Understanding Allyship
- Privilege and Power: Enablers or deterrents to Allyship?
- Role of Allies at an individual level
- Building a culture of Allyship in organizations
- Performative Allyship, Rainbow washing: What is not Allyship?
- Challenges faced by Allies
- Self-care for Allies
- The session shall be conducted by a Queer Trainer, and a Cisgender Heterosexual Ally.
Date & Time – 3rd June 2022 (11:00 AM – 01:00 PM)
Modality – Virtual (Zoom)